If you have a small business or are looking to start one in the near future here are a few tips to keep in mind while you build your business and make it a success!
– Network constantly and associate yourself with positive people who encourage you rather then put you and your business down.
– Do market research often. You can use social media to ask questions, put out customer surveys, and listen to your customers on Twitter.
– Don’t spread yourself to thin. Your time is valuable to higher someone to do your book keeping or social media posts so you are free to do what you are good at and what brings you the most business.
– Stay positive! When you have a positive mindset you attract the same to you and you will find that your customers, employees etc. will gravitate toward you and your product or service.
– Its all in the details! Have you ever heard this before well it is true when you take the time to give to your customers an experience beyond what they expect you will stay in the front of their minds. So send a handwritten thank you card or complete the job head of scheduled, there are many ways you can exceed your customers expectations.
– Always ask for referrals and testimonials. When you complete a job for a customer make sure and ask them if there is anyone they know that could benefit from your product or service and ask them for a quick testimonial for your website or marketing materials.
– Start an emergency fund so you have a sense of security. It can be hard to save when you are barely getting by but you will feel much more secure if you do.
– Make a business plan but be flexible, your business should be able to go with the flow so it can change and adapt to the environment.
– Stay healthy by getting sleep, exercising and eating good food. You don’t want to burn out because you didn’t take care of yourself.
– Finally don’t take yourself to seriously. People will enjoy working with you much more if you laugh.
I hope you enjoyed a few of these tips for small business success!